Stock Page Setup [was Re: [Usability] Stock Items: forming a plan of sorts]

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Eli M. Dow wrote:

> Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:59:13 -0500
> From: Eli M. Dow <dowem clarkson edu>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] Stock Items: forming a plan of sorts
>
> Good job Alan! Way to take some initiative.
>
> It would be good to see these apps using a more common set of icons.
>
> Might I suggest adding a "print/page setup" icon as well? Beyond no

I think it was you who suggested it on IRC, there is already a "Page
Setup" item included in my list.  Note I'm talking about Stock Items more
than just stock _icons_ because I believe there will be things like Status
Bar that deserve a stock item but have no need for an icon.

> consistent icon, some apps use the term "print setup (epiphany)" some
> use "page setup (abiword & gedit)". I think some standardization on this
> might be nice. That might even warrant an entry in the HIG if we could
> come to consensus on the term, and locating a suitable icon. If anyone
> has suggestions about the latter, please start a new topic as to not
> hijack this thread.

I think abiword has an icon for page setup, with a picture of a page and
printer on it (but I dont have abiword on this machine so I'm not sure).

I've changed the subject line to start a new thread for this specific
item.  Glad to see there is interest in the idea.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org
Dia is for Diagrams  http://gnome.org/projects/dia/