Re: [Usability] The new shrinked/expanded save as dialog

Yeah, this expand and shrink stuff is really disturbing. It is even worse when your media can't unmount and you have to expand the error dialog just to see the error message. I always have to expand the save dialog to choose the right location to save. I think instead of having it remember stuff, it can be simplified. It is currently complicated to use mostly in its expanded form. I made a mockup of a save-file dialog at http://netobjective.openswarm.com/search_tool.html. Although it may not apply to the current state of gnome, i think it's real simple and clean.