Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME
- From: Kovacs Baldvin <baldvin cs elte hu>
- To: Carl Worth <cworth cworth org>
- Cc: usability gnome org, desktop_architects lists osdl org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:40:35 +0100
> PS. These side threads are entertaining,
...and also somewhat important...
One item to your list: It is a hell to type into that small
dialog you get for Ctrl-L.
Every time you reach a complete directory name, then you must wait
the whole directory to be processed _hugely ineffectively_. So if you
need to pick an
application for firefox from /usr/bin, or you'd like to open
the postgresql docs from /usr/share/doc, then it hits you hard.
Can anybody imagine bash to "help" you automatically, whether you
asked for it with a tab or not, so a 5 second penalty is what you
get after a slash...? :)
] [Thread Prev