Re: [Usability] The new shrinked/expanded save as dialog

2005/12/4, BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne gmail com>:
> I realise that the rationale behind the dialog is that "most people"
> just throw their stuff on their Desktop directory.

No, I think the rationale is that programs can be smart enough to make
it less needed to select a folder from a hirearchy every time. Gedit
does it pretty well for example.

And when you do need to select it, chances are that it's one of the
shortcuts on the list.

Those two cases cover a lot of cases, but of course not all. I think
it would be fair to have a setting for it, given that it might be very
annoying if you don't use bookmarks or have clever programs. I think
it was even suggested a while ago.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi