Re: [Usability] The new shrinked/expanded save as dialog

--- BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne gmail com> wrote:

> My problem with it is that it it consistently forces
> me to click on
> "Browse for other folders" each and every time I
> want to "Save as...".

I would suggest that the dialog remember whether it is
expanded or not, either across the whole system, or
application by application.

Another thing (I can't check this right now): does an
application remember where you saved documents last
time you used it? For example, if Inkscape remembered
that I saved an SVG file in ~/Documents/graphics
yesterday, and suggested that location to me today, I
wouldn't need to expand the dialog.

I like the dialog in principle, but one thing about
the design bugs me: when you expand it, the small
drop-down folder chooser becomes a useless GUI
element. And there's no visual link between the small
chooser and the large one that says 'This is the
condensed version of that one'. Though I don't have
any suggestions for this...

Joachim

Does your mail provider give you FREE antivirus protection?
Get Yahoo! Mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com