Re: [Usability] The ``Replace File'' dialog should display the two file sizes, times, etc.

On 04/08/05, Davide Pesenti <mrjive mrjive it> wrote:
> On 04/08/2005 15:16:43, Diego Moya wrote:
> > Also, is it clear the meaning of "overwritten" to a computer
> > illiterate user? I would add to the explanation text: "overwritten
> > files will be lost" (or better yet, "overwritten files will be moved
> > to trash") to make it clear that this dialog can produce data loss.
>
> "moved to trash" can be understood as "i can find the old file in the
> trash", don't you think?

Yes, and that's exactly what should happen ;-)

Why should a conflicting copy operation destroy the old content? It
would be much better to move overwriten files to trash instead of
deleting them, so that if user makes a mistake she will be able to
undo it.