Re: [Usability] Re: What's new in HIG 2.0

Keith Sharp wrote:
I agree with this entirely.  My main usability gripe with Rhythmbox is
that there is no stop button in the UI.  I frequently stop the current
track playing by pressing pause, then leave the computer for a while.
When I return I want to start a different track playing - frequently I
select the track I want and the click play with the effect that the
previous track resumes playing!

Fair points - Stop does mean something different than "Pause". However, this is something Apple did with iTunes that I think is a smart move. They have eliminated the concept of "stop" replacing it with only the Pause/Play concept.

Yes, this is a bit limiting, but it eliminates an entire top-level button and a whole navigation concept that we can get by without. Simpler, no?

Steven Garrity