[Usability] Re: What's new in HIG 2.0

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 18:53 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> You probably all know by now, but v2.0 of the HIG was released a few
> weeks ago, albeit without a great deal of fanfare.
>
> Unfortunately there was no accompanying "what's new that I need to know
> about"-type section, so I've quickly hacked one together now that I've
> finally had a few minutes:
>
> http://usability.gnome.org/hig/2.0/whatsnew.html

"
Media Player Toolbars
<snip>

Guidelines

      * Show separate Stop and Pause buttons. Do not change Play to
        Pause while the clip is playing.
"

Urgh. Who thought of that?
What's the reasoning behind this? Both Totem and Rhythmbox have all-in-
ones play/pause/stop buttons, and I really don't see why there should be
2 additional buttons on the Totem toolbar.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I mean, take Gladiator. Of course the cunt (Maximus) is going to die!
What the fuck's he gonna do if he doesn't - open a pizza parlour outside
the Coliseum and sell fucking autographs? -- Russell Crowe