Re: [Usability] Application-type keyboard shortcuts

begin  quote
On 09 Sep 2004 13:31:33 -0500
Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> Evolution (Ctrl+K) and Pan (M).  Both are GUI applications.  Both are
> designed for Gnome.  (Pan has some HIG issues (as does Evolution, I
> dare say), but it is designed for use in Gnome.)  I use them both
> regularly, and I constantly hit the wrong shortcut for Mark as read.
> Fortunately, the wrong shortcut is non-destructive in both
> applications, but it's still rather annoying.

Even worse, evolution's default shortcuts for "next unread" is a
difficult-to-reach key combination on all keyboards other than those in
english.   Also, evolution doesn't implement the  old "just hit space"
adage for email reading.  (space goes one page down until end of
message, then jumps to the next unread message )

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
Tortured users / Laughing in pain