[Usability] Application-type keyboard shortcuts

Hi,

Since buying a new digital camera I have used Nautilus/eog/gthumb/gimp a
lot and I found out each of them have different keyboard-shortcuts.
Eog doesn't seem to have any, gthumb and Gimp have some overlap (e.g. 1
= original size), but for fit-to-window they have different shortcuts.

It would be nice if such applications agree on a set of keyboard-
shortcuts. Would the HIG perhaps be a place to define keyboard-shortcuts
for different types of applications?

-Aschwin