Re: [Usability] Mac-style menus?

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 01:06 +0000, Frans Englich wrote:

> We don't design -- we let the users do that.

*bing*  The entire problem summed up in one perfect little line.  ~_^

Back somewhat on topic, the problem with doing it just in KDE, and not
in a desktop-neutral fashion, is that half the apps you might run on
your desktop will have this Mac OS style menu bar, and half won't.
Certainly Mozilla/Firefox, OpenOffice.org, any GTK/GNOME apps, any
legacy UNIX apps, none of these will work with this system.

And then, of course, the fact that simply putting the menu up there
isn't really a complete solution.  Mac OS doesn't differ solely in
putting the menu in a consistent location - it differs by having an
actual design to those menus which makes sense given the global menu
bar.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.