Re: [Usability] Removing GNOME splash screens?

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 17:28 -0700, Kirk Bridger wrote:
I just wanted to mention that if we're looking at alternatives to the
splash screen, I believe that a progress bar is better than an hourglass
cursor.  The progress bar shows PROGRESS, while the cursor just shows
that the computer is busy doing something ... anything.

The progress bar is more informative, and much easier to interpret and
see.

I think the progress information is important, but actually telling the user which programs are starting is key.

-Brian
--
Brian Skahan <bskahan etria com>
Etria, LLP