Re: [Usability] Removing GNOME splash screens?

Tiago Cogumbreiro wrote:

I totally agree.

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 19:05, Brian Skahan wrote:
Why remove it? There is a delay, so there should be feedback.

I agree, there should be a feedback if there is a delay. The question is
do the feedback add significantly to the delay.  I really have no idea
if this is the case in the Gnome splash screen, but if it do we need
to make the feedback leaner, not remove it altogether.

Anybody having problem with the image loading when logging in over
slow network connections? I doubt it.

Regards
Uno Engborg