gthumb [Re: [Usability] GNOME 2.6+ usability: points of critique

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:31:37 +0100
> From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] GNOME 2.6+ usability: points of critique
>
> On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 19:26 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> <snip>
> > I'd certainly like to have a preview in the siderbar (split the sidebar
> > with the treeview on top and the preview underneath) much like you can
> > just about see in this tiny picture of the ACD See Thumbnail browser i
> > grabbed from the google cache.
> > http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ISCT57MhBFEJ:http://www.qsl.net/ok1zes/images/acdsee.jpg
> >
> > I've wanted it for ages but still haven't checked bugzilla to see if a
> > similar report exists, mostly I just use GQview instead.
>
> Stop using this ancient/non-integrated viewer, and give in to GThumb!
> The layout you want is the third from the left in the prefs.

Maybe.

If gthumb has stopped wasting space with a second titlebar directly above
the image instead of using the actual title bar I'll give it another try.

There were are few other things about gthumb that I wasn't entirely happy
about but every so often I try gThumb again and file another few requests
and I'll probalby switch to it eventually.  (Could still do with a cross
platform gtk based thumbnail browser properly integrated with gimp and
inkscape.)

On the rare occassions I use it the check for duplicates functionality in
gqview is brilliant though, shame it is not seperate library resuable by
other graphics applications.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/