Re: [Usability] GNOME 2.6+ usability: points of critique

And thus spake Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:35:04 +0100:

> If memory serves, viewing capabilities were removed from Nautilus
> because the maintainers wanted to concentrate on making it a top notch
> file manager, rather than the sort of bloated all-purpose shell that IE
> has turned into.  And also because usability testing consistently turned
> up major issues with the inline viewing, such as users expecting to be
> able to print or edit text files or have full browser-like control over
> HTML pages that opened in Nautilus windows.

Hmm. On the one hand: okay, valid point. On the other hand you can still
enable something like a "picture viewer" in Nautilus which has nothing
more to do with a file manager than html rendering. Just my $0.02.

Regards,
-RF