Re: [Usability] Screen Recording Tools

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 18:28 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> Doesn't everyone have the Screenshot item in their Actions menu!
> (or you can add a Button for it to your panel)
>
> I always use it if I want a screenshot of the whole desktop because it is
> much faster than opening up the Gimp (even though I have the Gimp set to
> run as gimp --no-data --no-splash). It would do nicely for taking a
> screenshot of just the current window (Alt+Print Screen) but I dont seem
> to have that setup properly for some unknown reason.

I typically use PrintScreen for complete screenshots and Alt+PrintScreen
for window shots, but both of these methods (as well as the panel
actions screenshot item) suffer from not being able to take screenshots
of menus (due to mouse/keyboard grabs that gtk does when showing them).
There's a bug in bugzilla for adding a timeout to the option in the
panel menu, but until then, in order to do screenshots of menus you do
need one of the other options that gnome atu cjb net mentioned.

Elijah