Re: [Usability] Screen Recording Tools

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 gnome atu cjb net wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:42:08 -0700 (MST)
> From: gnome atu cjb net
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] Screen Recording Tools

> > What are the screen recording tools of choice
> > (motion and/or stills) on Linux?

cant help you with motion captures, sorry.

> For screenshots the two most popular methods are

Doesn't everyone have the Screenshot item in their Actions menu!
(or you can add a Button for it to your panel)

I always use it if I want a screenshot of the whole desktop because it is
much faster than opening up the Gimp (even though I have the Gimp set to
run as gimp --no-data --no-splash). It would do nicely for taking a
screenshot of just the current window (Alt+Print Screen) but I dont seem
to have that setup properly for some unknown reason.

- Alan