Re: [Usability] Getting rid of Open and Save entirely?

Lost of interesting comments but now that I understand you all the issues
you raise seem to be Nautilus enhancements.
You dont seem to disagree that in the short term improved dialogs would be
a good idea.

Can we all agree that getting rid of open and save is a good idea for the
long term and doesn't need to be brought up again for a while except in
terms of making Nautilus good enough?

> That's a bit of a misunderstanding. I really wouldn't suggest to make
> the File->Open item open a file manager which would then act as a file
> chooser. I rather think that those options shouldn't be necessary in the

I'm hoping we will see a file chooser that is simple in concept like the
Mac OS file chooser but that allows for those who want it the possibility
of a more complex nautilus based file chooser (like the mockup David
made).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

--