Re: [Usability] Getting rid of Open and Save entirely?

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 22:57 +0100, David Christian Berg wrote:
> No, even in the long term, I wouldn't want to get rid of it completely.
> It is very handy when you already have a file opened and want to open
> another one with the same app. The app (should) remembers the location
> where you've been before and you also don't need to do any shuffling of
> the windows to finally find a filemanger one. The dialog just opens on
> top of everything else when you click the save or the open button.

Opening another file in the same application is very simple with drag
and drop (and should also be trivial using the context menu). I wonder
if a "File->Open Folder" item would be useful. This would make it
trivial to open (or bringt to front) the folder where the current
document is located in, without keeping it open all the time. In any
case, I don't see why you need dialogs for this.

Daniel