Re: [Usability] Clickable area masks on icons with transparency?

From: Steven Garrity <steven silverorange com>

One of the first things I noticed about the GUI (after being pleasantly surprised by the overall refinement) was the clickable “holes” in icons. It seems that the visual transparency of icons also serves as tactile transparency. You can only click on non-transparent portions of the icon. In theory, this sound ok. If you click on a folder, it is selected, but if you miss the edge of the folder, it is not selected. In practice, this turns out to be confusing and annoying.

I think this is a bug and should be fixed when it occurs. I believe this has been fixed in recent versions of nautilus (the gnome file manager if you are not familiar), though I would need to check. Thanks for bringing up the issue.
dave