Re: [Usability] File Chooser Dialog

Il ven, 2003-09-19 alle 14:59, Magnus Bergman ha scritto:
> What is considered to be extra crap?

Lots of things.

> Is a preview extra crap?

You obviously didn't look at the mockup I sent, or you'd see that it
takes care of the issue where people shove previews in odd places in the
dialog that drastically affect the dialog's size and/or layout.

> Are options for how to open or save a file extra crap? I believe that
> such options are needed. If they are not placed in the dialog, then the
> application needs to show an additional dialog for those options. Do you
> consider that to be better (I don't)? Another alternative is to place
> those options among the applications preferences, but most users will
> probably not find it and make use of it then.

Depending on the options, yes, they can be crap. Things like metadata,
compression level, etc... are very much so. File type is not, and if you
would have looked at the mockup, you'd see that it provides a place to
choose that. I think you are very confused as to what belongs where, and
didn't even look at the mockup. I sent fair warning about such.

-- dobey