Re: [Usability] File Chooser Dialog

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 10:32, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Yay. I got tired of seeing all the mails about the GtkFileChooser.
> And, so, I am sending the mockup that I made.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~dobey/gtk-filesel-mockup.png

[snip]

> The 'Help' button would probably also be gone, since the help system is
> way above GTK+ (ugh).

Why not have the help button be optional (off by default, since there's
no reasonable default action), and provide a means for the application
to hook a callback function to it?  The help button could be useful for
explaining things like extra options your application puts in the file
dialog.

--
Shaun