Re: [Usability] Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox tray icon - again

Or if it was implemented in GNOME, we could have a little window with a list of notifications, or something similar.
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not exactly what the
notification area we're discussing is for?

I don't know. Isn't the 'notification area' in GNOME similar to the System tray in Windows ?

What I'm talking about here is designing an API that applications can plug into in order to send notifications (be it info, error, critical, warning, etc..) to the user. Not just a place to /put/ notifications, which I think (in other words: I don't know) the notification area is.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
(Me not use GNOME on daily-basis, me be caveman :)

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
CoreTrek A/S

"Programmers don't die,