[Usability] Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox tray icon - again

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:48AM -0800, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
topOn Thu, 2003-08-28 at 20:34, Colin Walters wrote:

1) It's not (total) crack, at least for applications like music players which you use for a few seconds to pick a song and then want out of your
 hair.

Agreed, very handy.

 2) I think it's a bad idea to do this on left click.  It should happen
 via a context menu where the user has some clue about what's going on.
 Also, I think it would be good to change the tray icon somehow to let
 the user know the window is hidden.

Here I must disagree. The reason this feature is useful is that it's a
quick way to show/hide the window. Hiding this feature away in a context
menu entirely defeats the purpose.

Why not simply have left-click minimize the window?

Why not simply minimize the window with the windowlist, an interface element designed precisely for the task in question?

-Seth