[Usability] Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] pet peeve

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 13:57, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 00:16, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> After talking to Seth, we agreed that RB's main window was complicated
> enough, and that an entry like "View -> Show All" which would clear the
> browse and search entries would be the easiest and clearest way to go.

I'm no UI designer but I don't like this solution at all.  Clearing the
results of a search should not require going to the View menu.  Without
reading this rationale for "Show All," I doubt anyone would make the
connection that it is a way to clear a search -- why would you go to the
View menu to undo something that happens in the main window?  That would
be like putting "hide browser" in the main window but only having "show
browser" in a menu.

I am in favor of a "clear" button.

Josh