[Usability] Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] pet peeve

> I'm no UI designer but I don't like this solution at all.  Clearing the
> results of a search should not require going to the View menu.  Without
> reading this rationale for "Show All," I doubt anyone would make the
> connection that it is a way to clear a search -- why would you go to the
> View menu to undo something that happens in the main window?  That would
> be like putting "hide browser" in the main window but only having "show
> browser" in a menu.

Why have a Show ALl/Clear button at all?  If you want to show everything
delete the text from the search bar.  That seems intuitive to me.

I agree with Josh, if you're going to have one it should be tied with the
search bar.  It doesn't make sense to go somewhere else.

sri