Re: [Usability]ui-review bugs

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 19:56, Calum Benson wrote:
> There are no less than 52 ui-review bugs still open from the 2.2
> ui-review we did, and there even still seems to be one open from the 2.0
> ui-review.  I remember some people also did their own reviews of apps at
> the time and posted the results to the list, and I don't recall if they
> were ever turned into bugs at all.

Some issues that I reported during my own UI-Review

http://www.gnome.org/~chrisime/random/ui/

made it into b.g.o as bugreport. Some issues have been tracked down and people
made patches for them but they are still on b.g.o and not applied to CVS and
ended into useless discussion or shifted for any future version of GNOME.
Quite frustrating if things end in useless discussions.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2003-March/msg00001.html

Other issues such as GGV (HIG) etc. already made it into CVS and looks quite
ok now. The Statusbar and Toolbar issue of Gnumeric is not reported to b.g.o
as far as I recall it.

> Is there any chance we could make a concerted effort to fix and close
> these sometime soon so we don't have to suggest all the same things
> again when we do the 2.4 review?

I agree here.

> We never end up having time to review all the apps during these things as
> it is, without having to spend time repeating ourselves :)

I can do another own personal UI-Review when 2.4 is out. But expect me to be
really critical with these things. I'm still criticising how things are being
HIGified in CVS. A lot of so called HIGification done by various people ended
into - 'requires another review and MORE higification'. That is, someone is
taking the GLADE files, change the stuff inside and at the end it's still not
100% HIGified. How about some better coordination with the people that do
HIGifying patches. It would make some sense to teach them howto HIGify
correctly. I already see padding and other issues in so called HIGification of
people which is quite frustrating.

Hope this little comment helps you for future investigation.