Re: [Usability]Re: Toolbar editor

<quote who="Calum Benson">

> > Sure, in the case of your needs and of this particular software, you're
> > saying this feature is almost useless, that's fine.
>
> Not just that, I'm also saying that in ten years of usability tests and
> visiting customers, I've barely seen anyone customize their toolbar in any
> application that supports it, beyond switching entire toolbars on or off.

Very, very worthwhile point.

> (Although admittedly that's because in some environments, users are just
> not allowed to customise things, and/or because the application has
> already been globally customised by the sysadmin to meet the needs of
> those users).

Again, very worthwhile point.

Sounds like the ability to create and modify new custom toolbars, and turn
all toolbars on and off is the simplest solution: Admins can change defaults
such as appearance of default toolbars, appearance of custom toolbars, and
contents of custom toolbars.

Thoughts?

- Jeff

--
    "I'm taking no part in your merry 5-way clusterfuck - sort that mess
                 out between yourselves." - Alexander Viro