Re: [Usability]Re: Toolbar editor

> This is not true, you can do user testing  and see what items the
> majority of users use most often.

And again, this will not necessarily scale for complex applications.
Take for instance an IDE with various buttons: some users will never need
the cut/copy/paste buttons (because they use the short cuts).
Some users will never needs the debugger buttons (e.g. because they debug
using printf or the command line).

> at me "i am this tool." Hence, for each item i was asked to find i had
> to go through all the toolitems one by one, waiting for a tooltip to
> popup in order to find the requested item.

So basically you're saying that having text associated with toolbars can
help, and I agree, that's why it makes sense to have this option in the
toolbar (to display text and/or buttons, as currently provided by
GtkToolbar).

> Whats the solution? Well in the case of toolbars we have a really good
> one. Reduce the default set to the 10% of features that most users will
> use most often, and supply toolbar editting for users who want/need the
> other 90% of features.

OK, so you actually agree that have toolbar editing is needed, so we are
all in agreement here.

Arno