Re: [Usability]Re: Toolbar editor

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:39:32PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:

> Yes it is, but the whole point of a toolbar is only to contain the "more
> often used actions".  Infrequently-used items have no business being on
> the toolbar to start with, the question really  is whether we should
> allow users to add them later if they want to :)

One of the main benefits of supporting editing is to decrease the
pressure to have everything and its brother on the toolbar.  The
user can then add their specific frequently used items to a base set
rather than our putting all possible frequently used items there.

Another interesting behavior of the MS Office toolbar is the notion
of action priority.  As the toolbar is shrunk the items are not just
removed in order.  They seem to be dissappeared depending on
priority.

    eg the font name is wide and not used alot so it vanishes early
    	even though it is on the left side.

I'm not sure I like the idea.  Thoughts ?