Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus toolbar simplification

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 03:45, Michele Campeotto wrote:
> Jens Knutson wrote:
> > That said, moving the zoom and "view as" controls up into the main
> > toolbar and ditching the location bar in the default view aren't too bad
> > an idea.
>
>   Are the zoom and view as used really that much? I think I never used
> zoom (unless doing some gee-wiz show) and only rarely view as... I have
> the location bar hidden by default and I don't miss them at all (view as
> is in the menu when I need it).
>
>   I agree with Jens' opinion on stop/reload buttons (wouldn't be nice to
> copy safary here? just one button that does both stop and reload...)

I use the zoom in when I'm browsing pictures. I also think the view as
menu is useful, although I'd like to see it expanded to more than one
icon, not a drop down.

The location bar isn't perfect, but like you said, you hide it by
default. And you get the choice to. But if it's taken out, no one that
likes these things (like me) has the choice to actually use them.

In general, you can compain about clutter, but not everyone has a tiny
screen. I would prefer to be able to see all my tools at once on my very
gigantic duel screen display :).

--
Wesley Leggette <wleggette gate net>