Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 15:41, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> they're used to xterm. I use --disable-factory most of the time myself
> for robustness.
>
> A web browser could easily work either way as well, right now they all
> work like "factory mode" but there's not any special reason why, other
> than efficiency. If an app was fast and small enough it could easily
> just start a new instance for each window for robustness reasons.

"For robustness reasons" is a lot of BS.  Stupid broken apps should be
fixed, period.

I personally don't care about the Quit item.  In any case, an
application that does not remove itself from memory some time after you
close all its windows would be severely broken --- it may be all swapped
out, but you may not be able to run another big application until you
free up some VM.

  Federico