Re: [Usability] [Fwd: RE: Your final comments on gswitchit in 2.4...]

Hi!

--- Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2003, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
>
> > I think it is sensible to start with basic
> functionality and add features
> > when people make a good case for them, instead of
> starting with everything
> > and then dealing with the complaints when you
> remove them.
>
> The way I see it the whole point of Gswitchit is to
> be a PowerTool that
> gives as many options as it can reasonably manage.
> While there is probably some room for reorganisation
> it would not make
> sense to turn gswitchit into something very simple
> and minimal.

I honestly fail to see where these advances features
collides with a minimal UI.

As far as I see from the posts, gswitchit seems to
have:

1) Possibility to change the flag icon
2) Execute a command when the user changes its layout
3) Preview of the layout
4) Remembering layout per window or for the whole
desktop
5) Assign a hot-key to switch the layout