Re: [Usability] Re: [Gphpedit-devel] Pre 0.4.0 release almost ready

Am Fre, 2003-06-20 um 16.39 schrieb Shaun McCance:
> On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 08:40, Sven Herzberg wrote:
> > Am Fre, 2003-06-20 um 15.27 schrieb Andy Jeffries:
> > > Well, the functionality came together much quicker than I thought for both code folding
> > > and keyboard macro recording.  I have to add keyboard shortcuts for folding (if anyone
> > > has any suggestions, let me know) but other than that it's almost ready for a 0.4.0
> > > release.
> >
> >   What do you think about <Alt>+<Left> to folde and <Alt>+<Right> to
> > unfolde?
>
> >From the HIG:
>
> "Do not use any of the standard shortcut keys listed in the section
> called ´Standard Application Shortcut KeysĄ for your own purposes, even
> if your application doesn't support those functions. This helps
> reinforce consistency between all GNOME applications."
>
> Table 10.9 lists Alt-Left and Alt-Right as Back and Next, respectively.
> And wrt Andy's Shift suggestion, though not in the HIG, Metacity does
> currently use Shift-Alt-(Left|Right|Up|Down) for moving windows between
> workspaces.
>
> How about Ctrl-[ and Ctrl-]?  Or would those be bad for non-US
> keyboards?  Are separate keybindings necessary, or would a single
> 'Toggle Folded State' shortcut work?

This would be Ctrl-AltGr-8 and Ctrl-AltGr-9 on german keyboards, i
*really* won't press that combination once.

What about Ctrl-< (fold) and Ctrl-> (unfold; and even a shift modifier)
these were nice one-hand shortcuts on all my keyboards, even the one
from the laptop.

Regards,
  Sven

--
Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org> ˇ Jabber: herzi jabber org
Webmaster von GNOME Deutschland    ˇ http://www.gnome-de.org/