Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Usability] Evolution 2.0

* crossposting removed *

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, David Adam Bordoley wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:03:41 -0400
> From: David Adam Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>
> To: usability gnome org, e msu edu, volution-hackers lists ximian com
> Cc: dobey ximian com, calum benson sun com
> Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Usability] Evolution 2.0
>
> From: Rodney Dawes <dobey ximian com>
> >
> > I think you mean "abstract component embedding application" rather than
> > "file manager". And anyway, this probably belongs on nautilus-list
> > instead. :)
> >
> > -- dobey
> >
> > On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 13:02, Calum Benson wrote:
> >>
> >> Of course in an ideal world your mail client would probably just be
> >> another view in your file manager, since it already has all of these
> >> components, and emails and attachments are just files anyway :o)
> >>

> I think calum does actually mean "File Manger." In an ideal world you would
> create a desktop "folder"[1] based on a Mail Folder template. Each mail
> folder could be setup for different mailboxes (one for imap mail, one for
> local mail etc.) Its icon would represent the state of the folder, ie.

If you use the maildir standard instead of something like mbox you will
get individual files and folders for each mail and mailbox respectively.

[going further offtopic...]
I wish the web browser worked a bit more like the Mail program and simply
had something a lot more like an inbox to store (specified) webpages
with the title and sender (sender == location you save from).

Saving more than one or two web pages using the current system having to
find a location for and name each one and keep a bookmark to remember
where it came from is really tedious.

- Alan