Re: [Usability] New Nautilus File Exists Dialog

First, thanx for the opinions.
The main reason why i designed this mockup was.
Everytime i use the copy command in nautilus getting the trubble with
duplicated files i do not know which file the on is i need.
And if there are more directorys in which dir. the file is.
etc.
So i designed a dialog, which i thougt solve the most problems.
This should only be a design, with your help i try to design it,
as easy as posible, by not hidding needed features.

There are some questions open i would discus.
1) Detecting if a file is the same.
   It's right only check the filename is not enought, we should check
the content of the file too, to decide if a file is different. And only
if we know that the file is different we should show the dialog

2) There was the hint that a file could be the same with different type.
Is there someone who can explain me this ??

3) I have the same view like Alan Horkan for the file content view
stuff. We should not show the content of the file. Only the icon,
nautilus regulary shows. Or no icon, for the eyecandy i would like to
see the icon. I do not know if it deflect the user from make the
decision.

Next i try to make a new mockup with your opinion.
+ a Label which describes which side the target and wich the source is
+ rename open to show file or so
+ the modification time. Dan Zlotnikov had the opinion to only show
which file is older an wich is newer. Personaly i like the plain date,
for the simplicity i change it to the older / newer style.
+ a dialog title, i hope this one is better

You can see it at http://www.onkelb.de/nautilus/