Re: [Usability] New Nautilus File Exists Dialog

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Dan Zlotnikov wrote:

<snipped> interesting suggestions </snip>

> between the two files may not be immediately visible or visible at all in
> a thumbnail window. If there was a way to run a quick comparison of the
> two files and highlight the differences with a high-contrast box in the
> thumbnails, I'd be a lot happier.

The file manager should not be trying (and inevitably failing) to be an
image viewer.
That task is better left to the user to do properly later (I mention
again the excellent file comparison features in GQView).

The file manager should stick to managing files and restrict itself to
some sensible actions such as dont copy, rename and copy, copy and
overwrite.

When I said the original dialog looked a bit complicated I was being
polite.

- Alan H.  l