RE: [Usability] ui-review of new modules

Murray Cumming wrote:
These ones, such as epiphany and gnomemeeting, have never had any real
ui-review so they should be quite easy to do, and quite possibly very
interesting. You get to go where no one has gone before and make a very
visible difference to some popular applications.

Regarding epiphany, there is very little if any pixel pulling or label churning needed in epiphany. Throughout the 1.0 design cycle seth, me and others have spent a considerable amount of time working on the ui. Thats not to say its perfect, but the usability bugs that epiphany has aren't going to be worked out in a ui review [1]. On the other hand file roller's ui still needs work. [2] One area where epiphany/I could use help is in docs writing. A skeleton for the help docs already exists in cvs, just needs to be filled out. Any volunteers? dave [1] I'm really starting to question the usefulness of ui-reviews. They tend to only address skin deep layout problems and do nothing to address interaction problems which are the biggest usability bugs in gnome right now anyway. [2] Despite my hate of quit buttons, it would be nice if file roller at least followed the gnome hig and used quit instead of exit.