Re: [Usability]Menu panel "chooser" button

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 18:23, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Hi Riandi,
>
> I think being able to access the same options found in the window list
> panel object in the pull down menu is a great idea. I'm not sure if
> right clicking is the right approach but it might be. Could you file a
> bug report on the subject at http://bugzilla.gnome.org and post a URL to
> the bug here?
>
> -Seth

The one concern I have with right clicking is that these menus end up
behaving differently from other menus in the ui, because by default
right clicking a menu item activates the item in gtk apps.

This has been a definite issue in the panel, as the applications menu
provides a right click context menus while the actions menu doesn't.
User's complained that right clicking in the actions menu activated the
item. My response was to either:

a) change gtk
b) remove right clicking from the apps menu for consistency.

dave