[Usability]Menu panel "chooser" button

Hi,

I'm no developer, just a Gnome 2 user; but I was wondering if there are
any plans regarding the window chooser button at the far right of the
Menu Panel.  I really think the button's great; it's convenient
(complies with Fitt's Law and all) and takes up little space on the
panel.  In fact, the only reason I still use the window list applet at
all is on account of the fact that I can right-click to get window menus
(helpful for closing a number of apps back to back).  Would it be
possible to get this function for the chooser button?  And are there any
plans for making the chooser button an applet so you could put it on any
type of panel?

Sorry, if this has been discussed before; or if it's an inherently bad
idea from an UI perspective.  Just something I thought of.

-Riandi Wiguna
--
Riandi Wiguna <rian wiguna mail mcgill ca>