Re: [Usability]LinuxWorld Presentation comments

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 00:52, Luis Villa wrote:

> Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend either, which is a shame. That
> said, I know much of what Michael focused on in his talk was the
> accessibility framework, which (1) is known to still be unstable and (2)
> isn't something that needs to concern most users. I'm sure that's
> probably where most of his problems were. Anyway, I've cc'd Michael; I'm
> sure he'll appreciate the the feedback.

Just so it's not all doom and gloom, Peter Korn from Sun was demo-ing
the accessibiility stuff at an accessibility conference last week too
and it got a very positive reaction... GOK in particular is shaping up
pretty well now and has some features that just aren't available even in
commercial on-screen keyboards.  Knowing how busy Michael usually is, I
also suspect Peter might have had time to more thoroughly research the
bits that wouldn't crash for his demo :)

A write-up of the sessions was recently posted to the
gnome-accessibility list, you can read it here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-list/2003-January/msg00021.html

Apparently we also got M$ to admit their accessibility infrastructure is
pants again in front of a roomful of people, which is always nice :)

Cheeri,
Calum.