[Usability]LinuxWorld Presentation comments

Hello,

Didn't know where to post this so I thought usability would be best.  I
personaly did not attened the presentation on Gnome 2.2 so take this
with a grain of salt.

I was in the Birds of a Feather meeting dealing with Linux in K-12
education.  One of the IT directors at a school which is considering
moving over to Linux didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the Gnome
presentation.  Reportedly the speaker had to kill some processes and
some things didn't work during the presentation.  The IT person felt
nervious that she might be making a Linux switch proposal that would end
up giving them an unstable platform.  I was tempted to say that it is
still more stable than the Win 98 boxes she was using but knowing that
would be counter productive instead mentioned that the presentation was
about the 2.2 beta and that 2.0 is currently the stable branch.  Others
in the know did so as well and she seemed to be satisfied.

Again I was not at the Gnome 2.2 presentation and am not trying to
criticize for the sheer joy of it.  In fact I thank the presenter for
giving up his time to prepare the talk.  I just wanted to share the
perspective of this profesional who is trying hard to push Linux in her
school but who is not an "insider" to Linux or Gnome development.

Keep up the good work on Gnome.

--
J5