Re: [Usability]GNOME main menu and panel

2 Panels?

> Of course If i had it my way we would rip off the mac and put the menus
> at the top of the screen, but that just isn't in the cards. Sorry for

gtk 1.x had panel at the bottom.
getting rid of it would have annoyed people like me.

other people think it is a better idea to have the panel at the top.

I strongly suspect (but i am only guessing) that having the two panels
was a less than ideal
compromise.
It has the advantage of showing users what is available, although I
suspect most users pretty quickly turn one of them off.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan