Re: [Usability]sft+ctl+w v. ctl+q

Hello Ernst,

I have to disagree with you about finding an empty window irritating --
if it has taken the application some time to load, then I'd rather not
have to go through that pain again just because I have temporarily
closed all windows (I'm thinking of your Acrobat Reader example here).

I must admit that I like having both options: Ctrl + Q to quit the
application, and Ctrl + W to close a window -- there is less ambiguity
about what will happen in each case. I have no objection to an option
that allows you to close all windows; Ctrl + Shift + W seems like a
reasonable shortcut for this.

However, I can see your point about it being easy to accidentally quit
using Ctrl + Q. Having become used to this functionality now, I tend to
expect it and am irritated if it's not there. But perhaps I just need to
learn a better habit such as Ctrl + Shift + Q, which would be more
friendly to new users? (Or, at least, potentially less destructive!)

Not sure what exactly you mean by "hotkey"? Is this something that must
be invoked using a mouse? If so, I think it's wise to have a keyboard
equivalent -- for accessibility reasons, as well as personal preference.

Just my tuppenceworth :)

Regards,
Breda.