Re: [Usability]sft+ctl+w v. ctl+q

Luis Villa <louie ximian com> said:

> So, which is more correct- sft+ctl+w v. ctl+q? I've finally gotten used
> to ctl+q nearly everywhere, but nautilus and now epiphany are using
> shft+ctl+w. Do the usability people have an opinion? care one way or the
> other? As a lowly user, it is beginning to irritate me that something
> with effectively the same user-visible affect is different in some of
> the core apps. But maybe I'm talking out of place :)
>
> Luis

quit and ctrl+q should be deprecated.

Close all windows is really vague, and non-standard, and some of us
(including me) consider its presence in nautilus a bug (but i'm not making to
big a fuss about it).

ctrl+w should always be close window. I plan to fix this epiphany really
soon. close tab (tabs create all kind of ui problems here, but for a web
browsers have relative utility) will have shift+ctrl+w

dave