Re: [Usability]prefs dialog recommendation
- From: Erik Pukinskis <erik pukinskis uconn edu>
- To: usability <usability GNOME ORG>
- Cc: Paolo Maggi <maggi athena polito it>
- Subject: Re: [Usability]prefs dialog recommendation
- Date: 17 Sep 2002 11:25:39 -0600
On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 06:39, Paolo Maggi wrote:
> And what do you (and the other hig guys) think about this idea?
There are a few reasons long explanation pages in preference dialogs are
a bad idea:
1) Users tend to not read large blocks of text.
2) These explanations disconnected from the functionality they describe,
making it unlikely users would find and use them at all.
3) If a dialog is so obscure that it needs a long explanation, there's
something wrong with the dialog.
4) All else being equal, simpler is more usable.
] [Thread Prev