Re: [Usability]prefs dialog recommendations
- From: Anna Dirks <anna ximian com>
- To: Erik Pukinskis <erik pukinskis uconn edu>
- Cc: usability <usability gnome org>, Paolo Maggi <maggi athena polito it>
- Subject: Re: [Usability]prefs dialog recommendations
- Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:09:44 -0400 (EDT)
> On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 06:39, Paolo Maggi wrote:
> > And what do you (and the other hig guys) think about this idea?
> There are a few reasons long explanation pages in preference dialogs are
> a bad idea:
> 1) Users tend to not read large blocks of text.
> 2) These explanations disconnected from the functionality they describe,
> making it unlikely users would find and use them at all.
I honestly have no idea what you mean here. Can you provide any
concrete examples for your assertions?
] [Thread Prev