Re: [Usability]Feedbacks on GNOME 2 panel from Mdk 9.0 beta test

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 09:46, Alastair Scott wrote:

> 2. Is the New Panel option best available only from a panel? Should it
> not be available from the desktop like the other New ... options?
>
> (Dunno about anyone else, but that I had to create a new panel from the
> menu bar was not obvious first time I came across it).

I think adding new panel to the nautilus context menu would be a
mistake. For one, most users won't edit their panel configurations, two
those that do will change it once and then never do it again (or
seldomly do it).

However, one idea that seems like a good idea is a panel designer in the
preferences menu.

dave