Re: [Usability]Feedbacks on GNOME 2 panel from Mdk 9.0 beta test

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 09:19, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> many people complained they
> couldn't move this "top" panel to other areas of the screen, like the
> other panels..
>
> I think it is clearly a problem with current panel configuration..
> When trying to move the "menubar" panel, it should "morph" into an
> "edge" panel..

The obvious solution is to ditch the menu panel and replace it with an
edge panel + menubar applet as seth, calum, me, amoung others have
advocated for a while. This will allow us to reduce the number of
different panels, make configuration more consistent etc. I should
mention that right now the menubar applet needs a lot of love (hint)
both from technical and UI perspectives, but we could conceivably make
this switch in the 2.2. time frame.

Dave