Re: [Usability]'org chart'

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 08:16, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 20:34, Luis Villa wrote:
> > As some of you may have seen discussed a few months back[1] some effort
> > is being made to create a GNOME 'org chart' that would help improve
> > GNOME's communication and lines of responsibility.
> >
> > The relevant portion of the original doc for you guys and gals is:
> >
> > Usability[sent]
> >  -contacts: Seth Nickell, Nils Pedersen, Calum Benson
> > responsibilities:
> > 	*maintain and publish the HIG
> > 	*review all GNOME software for HIG compliance and general usability
> > 	*provide and evangelize advice and resources for hackers and programs
> > 	*coordinate with a11y team
>
> Well, the usability team should be co-ordinating with pretty much
> everyone, really, not just the a11y team.  Co-ordination with the docs
> team is equally important (if it's hard to document it'll usually be
> hard to use), as it is with the i18n team who should be looking for
> localisation difficulties in existing and proposed GUIs... and of course
> the GNOME marketing team should be constantly feeding us user
> requirements and feedback :)

Reasonable. I think the original draft of this list reflects very
strongly the experiences during the 2.0 process- where the primary
coordination issue was UI/a11y conflict, and the others you've cited
were minimal if they came up at all. Does that clarify why it is their
explicitly? Do you think it is worth keeping as a distinct item, or
should that entire line be dropped? [I don't want to specify 'coordinate
with every single other team GNOME has' ;) ]

Luis